After waiting so long, I finally got my hands on Huda Beauty Textured Palette x Rose Gold Edition at Sephora last week when they launched in Canada. I purchased this palette for 83$ plus tax (That’s insane!!). I think this is probably the most expensive eyeshadow palette that you can find at Sephora. Even before I talk about the pros and the cons, I must say, I am very disappointed with this palette. Don’t get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Huda & her beauty brand and I love some of her products, like the lashes and the liquid matte lipsticks but this palette definitely let me down.
Some of the Pros are:
- There are three distinct tones of eyeshadows in this palette ranging from cool to warm to chunky foiled glitters.
- You get about 18 different colours of eyeshadows – which is great!
- Good selection of warm tones, they are really great for creating cut crease, smokey look, or to apply as a base shadow.
- The cool tones are great to apply in the inner corners of the eyes, on the lids, or even can be used as a brow bone highlighter.
- Again, good collection of chunky foiled glittery shadows, they are great for creating glamour/ dramatic looks. As it was mentioned in the back of the package, the coverage is so much better when you apply them with your fingers instead of brushes.
Some of the Cons are:
- The packaging of this palette is very cheap, it is not something that you expect for 83$ and the size of the palette is pretty small for the price you pay.
- With all the hype about this palette, I was honestly disappointed with the quality of the product. Overall I would say the quality is average.
- I read so many reviews about how the product is highly pigmented and one swatch is good enough to get the desired colour. That’s a LIE! Personally, I had to swatch quiet a few times for each shadow to get a good coverage of the colour.
- With the warm tones, I found it to be quiet difficult to blend the colours.
- It is super expensive!
- The colours in this palette are not unique, there are so many other palettes out in the market that are very similar.
This palette is very similar to Anastasia Beverly Hills – Modern Renaissance Palette in terms of colour tones and you can get it at a cheaper price for a better quality. Overall I think this palette is over priced and over hyped! If you are unsure whether or not to buy this palette, I would probably advise you to skip it. It is not worth your money to invest in.
I hope you guys find this review helpful. Stay tuned for more 🙂
Have a great day!